Decimating Excel files

Gabriel Genellina gagsl-py at yahoo.com.ar
Mon Feb 5 23:09:08 EST 2007

En Mon, 05 Feb 2007 22:31:30 -0300, John Machin <sjmachin at lexicon.net>
escribió:

> On Feb 6, 10:46 am, "Gabriel Genellina" <gagsl... at yahoo.com.ar> wrote:
>> I'd try the "xlrd" package - it is capable of reading Excel files on any
>> platform.
>
> Thanks for the plug, Gabriel. However xlrd is not the panacea for all
> evils and all idiocies :-)

But is rather tolerant on what it reads, and ignores gracefully what it
doesn't understand - you have a satisfied user here :)

BTW, sorry for the previous message being out-of-order (or irrelevant,
after some other posts); somehow all my messages got "on hold" during a
few days and were delivered until today.

--
Gabriel Genellina