Pep 3105: the end of print?

BJörn Lindqvist bjourne at gmail.com
Fri Feb 16 10:49:05 EST 2007

On 2/16/07, Jean-Paul Calderone <exarkun at divmod.com> wrote:
> I was just pointing out that some people might be confused.  I didn't make
> any judgement about that fact.  You seem to be suggesting that because there
> are other confusing things, it's okay for Python to be confusing too.  I'm
> not making any judgements about that, either.

Does not change always cause confusion? The confusion in Python land
is pretty minor in comparison to the one caused Java 1.1, 1.2, 1.3,
1.4, 1.5, 1.6, 1, 2, 4, 5, 6 SE/ME/EE.

I think that people are just complaining to much. The python-devvers
are managing the transition extraordinarily well.

> >Even in the Python world, nobody expects to run the same code base under
> >C Python and Jython and IronPython and PyPy.
> >

> I wonder if the fact that Jython and IronPython can't run most Python programs
> is one of the reasons they are generally only used in special circumstances?

Or maybe it is because Jython requires Java and IronPython a CLR?

--
mvh Björn