Pep 3105: the end of print?

Tobias Brox tobias at stud.cs.uit.no
Fri Feb 16 12:28:24 EST 2007

[Edward K Ream]
> Not at all.  Backwards compatibility means that one can still run old code
> provided  the code eschews new features.  Python releases have generally
> been backwards compatible with previous releases, with a few minor
> exceptions.  For example, my app runs fine on Python 2.2.2 through Python
> 2.5, and little work was required to make this happen.

2.2 -> 2.5 is a minor step, the 2.2-code should in general work out on
2.5 without problems.

2.6 -> 3.0 will be a major step, and code written for 2.6 or earlier
will in general not run on python 3.0.  Hopefully this issue can be
partially solved by automatic code converting.

--
Tobias Brox, 69°42'N, 18°57'E