Help Required for Choosing Programming Language

Jordan jordan.taylor2 at gmail.com
Tue Feb 20 12:59:59 EST 2007

On Feb 18, 7:35 pm, Dave Cook <davec... at nowhere.net> wrote:
> On 2007-02-16, ifti_cr... at yahoo.com <ifti_cr... at yahoo.com> wrote:
>
> > i have read about Python, Ruby and Visual C++. but i want to go
> > through with GUI based programming language like VB.net
>
> You might take a look athttp://dabodev.com
>
> Dave Cook

Learn python, and then learn wxpython (python binding of wxWidgets).
wxWidgets is one of the most extensive and well built gui tools (in my
opinion) and is easier to implement in python than C++ (also my
opinion).  The only reason I can see for using C++ over Python for gui
building is if for some obscure reason Python wasn't fast enough.  On
the other hand, this brings up the argument of which is faster: Python
or C++  ;)   so let's not get into that.  Python + WxPython = Good
Language with Good GUI Toolkit.

Cheers,
Jordan