PyQt install problem

Ron Monroig rcmonroig at yahoo.com
Thu Feb 8 01:55:12 EST 2007

hi Bruce,

  I was trying to interpret the code you wrote for xroot.sh.  I saw it on pg 115 in Sitepoint's "Run Your Own Web Server Using Linux & Apache"  Could you possibly consider commenting on what each line of code is doing?  It works; the warning message goes away.  I just don't understand what its doing.

  here it is:

  if [ $# -lt 1 ]
  then echo "usage: 'basename $0' command" >$2
         exit 2
  fi
  su - -c "exec env DISPLAY='$DISPLAY'   \
  XAUTHORITY= ' ${XAUTHORITY - $HOME/ .Xauthority}' " ' "$SHELL" ' " -c '$*'"