BDFL in wikipedia

Andrew McNamara andrewm at object-craft.com.au
Wed Feb 21 03:28:30 EST 2007

>Hi I just hit this page in wikipedia BDFL[1]
>
>and it redirected me to Guido's wikipedia[2] entry
>now without causing any troubles (read flamewar) shouldn't
>
>a) that page have an explanation of what BDFL is
>b) shouldn't it mention Linus, Larry Wall, others?[3]
>c) for the ones that have been around longer then me who was the first
>being call like that?
>
>[1] http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/BDFL
>[2] http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Guido_van_Rossum
>[3] http://www.answers.com/topic/list-of-benevolent-dictators-for-life

I'm sure you'll get 101 people telling you this, but this really isn't a
question for the python list, rather, it's a question for the Wikipedia
editors (and that's anyone).

I suspect, in this case, the redirect is implicit. It's happening
because the Wikipedia search engine finds no page called BDFL, and the
Guido_van_Rossum is the next closest match.

If you care and you have enough to say on the subject, maybe you could
start a BDFL page.

http://www.object-craft.com.au/