message processing/threads

Jonathan Curran jonc at icicled.net
Mon Feb 12 00:30:24 EST 2007

I've been thinking about this for a bit and wanted some input as to the design
of it. The problem is as such:

I need a program running in the background to process messages (FIFO order)
which I would send using soap/xmlrpc/pyro (haven't decided yet). According to
my thinking I would need to make this a threaded application. One thread to
process the messages and the other thread(s) would be used to listen for
messages and insert it into the message queue.

Is my thinking correct? Is there a better way to do such a thing?

Thanks for any input,

- Jonathan