Regular Expressions

James Stroud jstroud at mbi.ucla.edu
Sun Feb 11 07:02:31 EST 2007

gregarican wrote:
> On Feb 10, 6:26 pm, "Geoff Hill" <thegeoffmeis... at gmail.com> wrote:
>> What's the way to go about learning Python's regular expressions? I feel
>> like such an idiot - being so strong in a programming language but knowing
>> nothing about RE.
>
> I highly recommend reading the book "Mastering Regular Expressions,"
> which I believe is published by O'Reilly. It's a great reference and
> helps peel the onion in terms of working through RE. They are a
> language unto themselves. A fun brain exercise.

There is no real mention of python in this book, but the first edition
is probably the best programming book I've ever read (excepting, perhaps
Text Processing in Python by Mertz.) Well, come to think of it, check
the latter book out. It has a great chapter on Python Regex. And its
free to download.

James