Found a product for running Python-based websites off CDROM -have anybody tried it?

Don Taylor nospamformeSVP at gmail.com
Tue Feb 20 10:48:07 EST 2007

David Wishnie wrote:
> Hello,
>
> Recently I've found a product that allows to create CDs or DVDs with
> mod_python  -based websites
> (and CGI python of  course) so that apache-based webserver, python and
> mod_python are run directly
> off CD on  Windows, MacOS X  and Linux at the same time (also it seems
> to support perl, java,
> php and mysql + SQLite as databases).
>
>     http://www.stunnix.com/prod/aws/overview.shtml
>
> Have anybody tried it? I'm considering to use it for several projects.
>
> Thanks,
>   David

That is an expensive product ($789) especially considering it mostly
consists of FOSS pieces.

I found XAMPP, a FOSS, that is almost the same thing:

http://portableapps.com/apps/development/xampp

and this thread for getting mod_python running (scroll down a bit to the
second post):

http://www.apachefriends.org/f/viewtopic.php?t=21169&highlight=python

I have not tried this yet.

Don.