filecmp.cmp() cache

Mattias Brändström thebrasse at brasse.org
Thu Feb 15 17:04:05 EST 2007

On Feb 15, 5:56 pm, Peter Otten <__pete... at web.de> wrote:
> You can clear the cache with
>
> filecmp._cache = {}
>
> as a glance into the filecmp module would have shown.

You are right, a quick glance would have enlighten me. Next time I
will RTFS first. :-)

> If you don't want to use the cache at all (untested):
>
> class NoCache:
>     def __setitem__(self, key, value):
>         pass
>     def get(self, key):
>         return None
> filecmp._cache = NoCache()

Just one small tought/question. How likely am I to run into trouble
because of this? I mean, by setting _cache to another value I'm
mucking about in filecmp's implementation details. Is this generally
considered OK when dealing with Python's standard library?

:.:: mattias