SystemError: _PyImport_FixupExtension: module _types not loaded

Gabriel Genellina gagsl-py at yahoo.com.ar
Thu Feb 15 14:14:42 EST 2007

En Thu, 15 Feb 2007 15:42:51 -0300, <usenet1 at ingfamily.net> escribió:

> This is what I get:
>
> 'import site' failed; use -v for traceback
> ['c:\\temp\\pytest\\Debug\\python25_d.zip', 'C:\\Python25\\Lib', 'C:\
> \Python25\\DLLs', 'C:\\Python25\\Lib\\lib-tk', '', 'c:\\temp\\pytest\
> \Debug']
>
> In fact, the 'import site' failed; use -v for traceback happens when I
> call the Py_Initialize().
>
> As can be seen from the output, the import sys; and print sys.path
> works.  I also added Py_SetProgramName(argv[0]) before calling
> PyInitialize() but there was no change.

"works" in the sense that it prints something; but sys.path is incomplete,
it lacks site-packages and others (they are added by site.py).
It appears that you have installed Python on C:\Python25 and you build
your application executable into c:\temp\pytest\Debug - is that true?
Hmmm, you will need a debug build of Python too, python25_d.lib/.dll.
Perhaps at this stage it's easier to use the Release build, because you
already have python25.lib/dll.

You have to fix the "import site" error. Use the following command on a
console window before launching your executable:
set PYTHONVERBOSE=1
You'll see a lot of lines showing the initial imports; you should be able
to detect what's the problem at "import site"; usually it's trying to load
a missing DLL.

--
Gabriel Genellina