can't find a way to display and print pdf through python.

Vishal Bhargava vishal at veriwave.com
Sun Feb 11 01:47:01 EST 2007

Use Report Lab...
Cheers,
Vishal

-----Original Message-----
From: python-list-bounces+vishal=veriwave.com at python.org
[mailto:python-list-bounces+vishal=veriwave.com at python.org] On Behalf Of
krishnakant Mane
Sent: Saturday, February 10, 2007 10:46 PM
To: python-list at python.org
Subject: can't find a way to display and print pdf through python.

hello all,
I am stuck with a strange requirement.
I need a library that can help me display a pdf file as a report and
also want a way to print the same pdf file in a platform independent
way.
if that's not possible then I at least need the code for useing some
library for connecting to acrobat reader and giving the print command
on windows and some thing similar on ubuntu linux.
the problem is that I want to display reports in my application.  the
user should be able to view the formatted report on screen and at his
choice click the print button on the screen to send it to the printer.
I have reportlab installed and that is sufficient to generate pdf reports.
but I still can't fine the way to display it directly and print it directly.
Please help me.
Krishnakant.