Local class variables? (mod_python problem)

Diez B. Roggisch deets at nospam.web.de
Fri Feb 23 09:02:54 EST 2007

> It is not desirable for the class variable to keep incrementing outside
> of invocations of '__main__', as is the case when it is loaded under
> mod_python under apache2 on linux.

I'm still not clear on what you want to accomplish. In the end it boils down
to who is supposed to share that information in the variables, or in other
words: which scope has it.

Is it per request? Then using some thread-local storage would be in order,
or "abusing" a possible request-object.

Is it per user, over several requests? Then you need a session-mechanism.

Is it per application, for several users, over several requests? Then your
approach is ok, but needs guarding against concurrrent access using
threading.Lock for example. However, I presume that is not the desired
usecase, from what I can extract from your posts I presume it's case two.

Diez