Calculating future dates

Ben Finney bignose+hates-spam at benfinney.id.au
Thu Feb 1 21:21:47 EST 2007

"Toine" <bapolis at gmail.com> writes:

> On Feb 1, 4:54 pm, "Dan Bishop" <danb... at yahoo.com> wrote:
> > str(datetime.date.today() + datetime.timedelta(31))
>
> Your example gave me a few errors but I was able to adapt it into
> this:
>
> str(date.today() + timedelta(31))

That only works if you're importing 'date' and 'timedelta' into the
current namespace. It's better to keep them in the 'datetime'
namespace, so it's clear what comes from where.

    >>> import datetime
    >>> str(datetime.date.today() + datetime.timedelta(31))

--
 \     "How many people here have telekenetic powers? Raise my hand."  |
  `\                                                    -- Emo Philips |