Python does not play well with others

Graham Dumpleton grahamd at dscpl.com.au
Mon Feb 5 18:40:47 EST 2007

On Feb 6, 10:15 am, Paul Rubin <http://phr...@NOSPAM.invalid> wrote:
> "Graham Dumpleton" <grah... at dscpl.com.au> writes:
> > There is also much more possibility for code, if it runs up extra
> > threads, to interfere with the operation of the Apache parent process.
>
> Certainly launching any new threads should be postponed til after the
> fork.

Except that you can't outright prevent it from being done as a Python
module could create the threads as a side effect of the module import
itself. I guess though if you load a module which does that and it
screws things up, then you have brought it on yourself as it would
have been your choice to make mod_python load it in the first place if
the feature was there. :-)