Ubunu - Linux - Unicode - encoding

Alan Franzoni alan.franzoni_invalid at geemail.invalid
Thu Feb 1 10:42:02 EST 2007

Il Thu, 01 Feb 2007 16:02:52 +0100, Franz Steinhaeusler ha scritto:

> The case:
> I have a file on a WindowsXP partition which has as contents german
> umlauts and the filename itself has umlauts like iÜüäßk.txt

Could you please tell us a) which filesystem is that partition using (winxp
may be installed on fat32 or ntfs partitions) and b) which driver are you
using to read that partition (may be vfat, ntfs or fuse/ntfs-3g) and, last
but not least, c) which options are passed to that driver?

--
Alan Franzoni <alan.franzoni.xyz at gmail.com>
-