Segmentation faults using threads

Mathias mathiasDOTfranzius at webDELETEME.de
Tue Feb 13 13:17:09 EST 2007

> Hi, it would be helpful if you posted a minimalistic code snippet
> which showed the problem you describe.
>
> Daniel

I wish I could! If I knew exactly where the effect takes place I could
probably circumvent it. All I know know is that it happens under high
load and with a lot of waitstates I can reduce the propability of
crashing. So there must be some race condition somewhere I think.

Is there a way to analyze where the crash took place? I guess I can have
a core dumped and somehow analyze it, but that's probably very hard to do.

Would a profiler work which records the function call structure?

Does someone have experience with threading in python - are there
non-threadsafe functions I should know about?

Thanks,
   Mathias