Vector, matrix, normalize, rotate. What package?

Mattias Brändström thebrasse at brasse.org
Tue Feb 27 17:49:32 EST 2007

Hello!

I'm trying to find what package I should use if I want to:

1. Create 3d vectors.
2. Normalize those vectors.
3. Create a 3x3 rotation matrix from a unit 3-d vector and an angle in
radians.
4. Perform matrix multiplication.

It seems to me that perhaps numpy should be able to help me with this.
However, I can only figure out how to do 1 and 4 using numpy. Meybe
someone knows a way to use numpy for 2 and 3? If not, what Python
package helps me with geometry related tasks such as 2 and 3?

Any help here would be greatly appreciated!

Regards,
Mattias