Approaches of interprocess communication

Ben Finney bignose+hates-spam at benfinney.id.au
Fri Feb 16 06:06:09 EST 2007

"Gabriel Genellina" <gagsl-py at yahoo.com.ar> writes:

> (And I would expect that making a connection to "localhost" actually
> does *not* go down up to the network card hardware layer, but I
> don't know for real if this is the case or not).

It damned well better. That's the entire point of the loopback
interface: to get all the network layer code involved, but not to talk
on a physical network interface.

If a programmer decides on behalf of the user that "localhost" should
be treated specially, that programmer is making an error.

--
 \          "If you can't beat them, arrange to have them beaten."  -- |
  `\                                                     George Carlin |