jython import search path

Russ uymqlp502 at sneakemail.com
Wed Feb 21 19:05:38 EST 2007

I have a Python program that I want to run in Jython so I can get Java
bytecode output. The program runs fine in Python, but when I change
the first line of the main program to make it run in Jython, it fails
to find some of the imported modules. These are just plain Python
imports of code I wrote myself in another directory.

Apparently Jython does not use the PYTHONPATH environment variable. I
created an environment variable called JYTHONPATH just to see what
would happen, but it didn't work either. How am I supposed to tell
Jython where to search for imported modules? Thanks.