book for a starter

Ramon Diaz-Uriarte rdiaz02 at gmail.com
Wed Feb 28 07:30:54 EST 2007

On 2/27/07, Wensui Liu <liuwensui at gmail.com> wrote:
> Thank you all for your wonderful suggestion and advice.
>
> Have a great evening!
>
> wensui
>
> On 27 Feb 2007 12:08:46 -0800, RickMuller <rpmuller at gmail.com> wrote:
> > On Feb 27, 12:08 pm, "Sriram" <sriram.sundarara... at gmail.com> wrote:
> > > Hi,
> > >
> > > If you have experience programming, just read the online tutorial athttp://docs.python.org/tut/tut.html
> > >

> > Seconded. It really is a wonderful introduction to Python. Once you've
> > digested that, the Python Library Reference in the docs is your best
> > friend. The nice thing about getting familiar with the official python
> > documentation is that it's always available to you.
> >
> > --

WenSui, from the R list I think you are not a novice programmer. I'd
recommend Python in a Nutshell. Note there is a recent edition that
covers Python 2.5.

(I actually use almost exclusively Nuthsell --- and the pocket
reference which is small and inexpensive and i carry on my backpack
all the time).

Best,

R.