handling secure attachments in email messages

Bernard Delmée bdelmee at advalvas._REMOVEME_.be
Sat Feb 17 14:33:02 EST 2007

Hello,

We have a processing chain automatically handling email attachments
in python, which works well. We'd like to add support for encrypted
files. We're using python 2.3 on HP-UX. I've checked the online 2.5
documentation, and my understanding is that the standard library still
only has support for messages digests, not full encryption of content.
The stock answer seems to be to use the "Python Cryptography Toolkit"
by AM Kuchlin. It compiled alright on HPUX; I have a .sl extension
library which I cannot import for some reason. Ideally I'd want PGP
support/compatibility so senders could submit files with PGP integrated
to their mail system. Can anyone suggest a module that can help achieve
this goal? Any pointer or evidence of a working solution with or
without usage of the aforementioned libraries would be appreciated.

Thanks,

Bernard.