favourite editor

Larry Bates larry.bates at websafe.com
Mon Feb 12 10:54:19 EST 2007

azrael wrote:
> Since i'm new on this forum, and first time meeting a python comunity,
> i wanted to ask you for your python editors.
>
> Im looking for some good python editor, with integrated run function,
> without having to set it up manualy like komodo.
> I found the pyscripter, and it has all i need, but it's unsatble.
> bloated. it crashes when i close an yplication window run by python
> from pyscripter. please. tell me a good one with buil in run (<-very
> important) and nice gui. if possible to suport projects, code
> highlighting, code completition, class browser, python comand line
> (>>>), traceback.
>
> I didn't take a look on vista (and i dont want to), but i hope they
> improved the notepad.

I use pyscripter as my primary editor and have NEVER had it crash
or do anything that could be considered "unstable".  It has best
GUI of any Windows editor I've seen.  I have to admit that I tend
to run my programs from a console window because it forces a clean
load of the program (no runtime environment "leftovers") and if
I'm doing wxPython or other GUI apps, they almost always interfere
in some way with the editors (same was true for ActiveState).  Maybe
you could give that a try.

-Larry