Game Programming Clinic and Online Gaming at PyCon

Anna Ravenscroft annaraven at gmail.com
Sun Feb 18 12:22:50 EST 2007

On 2/17/07, Jeff Rush <jeff at taupro.com> wrote:

> At PyCon this year we're going to have a multi-day game programming clinic
> and
> challenge.  This is a first-time event and an experiment to find those in
> the
> Python community who enjoy playing and creating games.  Python has several
> powerful modules for the creation of games among which are PyGame and
> PyOpenGL.
>
> On Friday evening, Phil Hassey will give an introduction to his game
> Galcon,
> an awesome high-paced multi-player galactic action-strategy game.  You
> send
> swarms of ships from planet to planet to take over the galaxy.  Phil will
> be
> handing out free limited-time licenses to those present.  He will also be
> glad
> to talk about the development of Galcon using PyGame.
>
> After the Friday PSF Members meeting lets out around 8:40pm, Richard Jones
> will give his 30-60 minute introduction to the PyGame framework so you too
> can
> get started writing games.

Wonderful. Thanks for the heads-up! I look forward to this.

On Saturday evening, Lucio Torre and Alejandro J. Cura, who have come from
> Argentina to give the talk "pyweek: making games in 7 days" Friday
> afternoon,
> will help people develop their games in the clinic room with mini-talks on
> various game technologies.

Ah - that's a really fun presentation - I saw it at CafeConf. Glad to hear
they'll be helping folks on Satyrday night.

Thanks for all the links Jeff. Very helpful.

--
cordially,
Anna