python linux distro

azrael jura.grozni at gmail.com
Thu Feb 8 09:44:22 EST 2007

Hy guys

last night i was lying in my bed and thinking about something. is
there any linux distro that is primary oriented to python. you know
what i mean. no need for php, java, or something like this. pure
python and containig all the funky modules like scipy, numpy,
boaconstructor (wx of course). something like the python enthought
edition, but all this on a distro included. maybe psql but persistant
predered, zope of course. everything a developer is ever going to
need.
So i stood up, sat down on my ugly acer notebook with a python stiker
on it and made a huge list of cool modles i would prefer. I would like
to make such a distro but i am not a linux pro. so this is going to
stay just a idea. i thouht it should be realy user fredly like sabayon
or ubuntu (without xgel). if this were a live distro it would be
amazing.
I know, dont expet someone else to do your work, but is there anyone
who likes the idea and has the knowledge i dont have.
I also know for quantian (cool distro), but for me, there is too much
other crap and not enough python.

i even got the nam of it. maybee not the best but it fits the context.
PyTux