newbie question(file-delete trailing comma)

kavitha thankaian kavithapython at yahoo.co.in
Wed Feb 28 06:34:29 EST 2007

thanks,,
  now i have one more problem,,,
  the strings should be seperated in an order,,,
  some={1:'a', 2:7, 3:'c', 4:'d'}
  i need the output to be a,c,d,7

  before my code was:
          field_order = [1,3,4,2]
        for field in field_order:
            f.writelines('\"%s\",' % someprt[field] )

  do you have an idea now how should it look like???

Mikael Olofsson <mikael at isy.liu.se> wrote:
  kavitha thankaian wrote:
> my script writes a dictionary to a file.but i need only the values
> from the dictionary which should be sepearted by a comma,,,so i did as
> following:
> [snip code that generates the incorrect original file]
> when i execute the above code,my test.txt file has the following:
> a,b,c,d,
> now i need to delete the comma at the end,,,this is my problem,,,

This is the first time you mention that you have control over the
generation of the original file. Then I suggest that you fix the problem
before generating the file. For instance, consider the following
interactive session.

>>> some={1:'a',2:7,3:'c',4:'d'}
>>> some
>>> some.values()
>>> [str(x) for x in some.values()]
>>> ','.join([str(x) for x in some.values()])
'a,7,c,d'

Then write that to your file instead.

/MiO