Python code to do the *server* side of digest authentication?

Dan Lenski dlenski at gmail.com
Thu Feb 15 15:59:37 EST 2007

On Feb 15, 3:19 pm, Larry Bates <lba... at websafe.com> wrote:
> I think that is because normally the web server does the authentication on the
> server side.  Why not use Apache to do the digest authentication?
>
> http://httpd.apache.org/docs/2.0/mod/mod_auth_digest.html
>
> -Larry

Hi Larry,

I'm sorry that I wasn't clear in my original post!  I don't need to do
the server authentication on the proxy (WWW-Authentication and
Authorization).  What I need to do is the *proxy* authentication
(Proxy-Authentication and Proxy-Authorization).

Those headers are identical to the first pair, but they are handled by
the proxy; if the client isn't authorized, then they can't use the
proxy.

Dan