MIME-Version in interpart, Python MIMEMultipart

berb.web at gmail.com berb.web at gmail.com
Mon Feb 12 13:43:42 EST 2007

list -

using python's MIMEMultipart() object I've noticed that it interjects
a 'MIME-Version' in the interpart header, like so...

<snip>
--some_MIME_Boundry

some_test
</snip>

Now, RFC1521, section 3 reads:
  Note that the MIME-Version header field is required at the top level
   of a message. It is not required for each body part of a multipart
   entity.  It is required for the embedded headers of a body of type
   "message" if and only if the embedded message is itself claimed to
be
   MIME-conformant.

What I'm wondering is if anyone knows if the inclusion of the MIME-
Version in the interpart header is invalid. It does not look like it
to me, byt I'm looking for your opinions.

Regards,
berb