Output to a text window

google at orcon.net.nz google at orcon.net.nz
Fri Feb 16 19:44:00 EST 2007

On Feb 17, 1:25 pm, "Joshua J. Kugler" <jos... at eeinternet.com> wrote:
> goo... at orcon.net.nz wrote:
> > Hi,
>
> > I'm going around in circles so I'm asking for help. I want to read a
> > simple text file and output the contents to a GUI window when I click
> > on a button. I have written a small python program to read the
> > contents of a file when a button is clicked but can only output this
> > to a console window. I'm using the pygtk binding with glade for the
> > gui.
>
> > I know it must be quiet simple but a mental block has rapidly
> > descended.
>
> > Any help would be appreciated.
>
> What does your code look like?  What are you using to print?  Are you
> writing to the GUI or using the 'print statement?'

> --
> Joshua Kugler
> Lead System Admin -- Senior Programmerhttp://www.eeinternet.com
> PGP Key:http://pgp.mit.edu/ ID 0xDB26D7CE
>
> --

This is the code, it was adapted from code I found on the net. Code as
follows,

#!/usr/bin/python

import pygtk
import gtk
import gtk.glade
import string
import os
import gobject

class gui:
	def __init__(self):
		self.wTree=gtk.glade.XML('dansgui.glade')
		dic = {	"on_Read_File": self.on_Read_File,
			"on_cancel": (gtk.main_quit)}
		self.wTree.signal_autoconnect(dic)
		self.count = 0
		self.win = self.wTree.get_widget("window1")
		self.win.connect("delete_event", self.on_delete_event)
		self.win.show()

	def on_Read_File(self, widget):
		print "Opening Dansguardian bannedsitelist file for reading..."
		print; print
		lineoftext = open('/etc/dansguardian/lists/bannedsitelist', 'r')
		myarray = []
		lnum = 0
		for line in lineoftext:
		    line = line.rstrip('\n')
		    line = line.rstrip( )
		    lnum = lnum + 1
		    print lnum , line
		    myarray.append(line);
		lineoftext.close( )

	def on_delete_event(self, widget, event):
		self.win.set_sensitive(False)
	        dialog = gtk.MessageDialog(self.win,
	        	gtk.DIALOG_MODAL | gtk.DIALOG_DESTROY_WITH_PARENT,
	        	gtk.MESSAGE_INFO, gtk.BUTTONS_YES_NO, None)
	        dialog.set_markup('<big><b>Are you sure you want to quit?</
b></big>')
	        dialog.connect("destroy", lambda w:
self.win.set_sensitive(True))
	        answer = dialog.run()