How can I disable a device in windows using python

Gary Herron gherron at digipen.edu
Tue Feb 27 02:13:25 EST 2007

Phoe6 wrote:
> Hi all,
> I am trying to disable the NIC card (and other cards) enabled in my
> machine to test diagnostics on that card.
> I am trying to disable it programmatic using python. I checked python
> wmi and i could not find ways to disable/enable, (listing is however,
> possible).
>
> Where should I look for to enable/disable devices in python.
>
> Thanks,
> Senthil

You didn't even tell us what operating system you are using, but even
so, I'm going to say you probably won't find a Python function to do
this. However, if you tell us how you would disable a card from outside
of Python, we'll see if we can find a way to do it from within Python.

Things you might want to tell us:

What OS.
What device(s)
Exactly what "disable" means for each.
How the OS allows you to enable/disable each.
Anything else that might help us.

Gary Herron