search cursor in pythonwin 2.1

Gabriel Genellina gagsl-py at yahoo.com.ar
Sun Feb 18 17:19:16 EST 2007

En Sun, 18 Feb 2007 13:12:20 -0300, GISDude <gisdudester at gmail.com>
escribió:

> I am a GIS(geographic information systems) Analyst and in our
> software(ESRI ARCGIS 9.1) ESRI has implemented Python 2.1 as the
> scripting language of choice.
>
> In my script I'm going thru a dbf file and extracting NON-NULL values
> in a field. What I need to do with that is create a new dbf table with
> the values I found in it.

I think you should either read the ArcGis documentation, or post your
question in a specilized forum.
Your problem is not about Python itself, but on how to use the
esriGeoprocessing object.

> GP.Select_Analysis("neighborhoods.shp", "neighborhoods_names.shp", '
> "Names" <> \ "null\" ')
>
>                    #at this point I'm stuck. how do I query out a NON-
> NULL value?
>                    #or a value in the Names field?

As a side note, on a standard SQL database, the condition would read
"Names IS NOT NULL", but I don't know if this is applicable or not.

--
Gabriel Genellina