Setting IP TOS fields

Tulpule Naren-MGI2846 narendra.c.tulpule at motorola.com
Thu Feb 1 17:27:03 EST 2007

Hi,
  I don't see the ToS field that I set, in the generated IP packets
captured via Ethereal/WireShark. What step am I missing in the code
below?

s = socket.socket(socket.AF_INET, socket.SOCK_DGRAM)
s.bind((sIntf, sPort))
tos = 64 # I also tried tos = struct.pack("B", 64)
s.setsockopt(socket.SOL_IP, socket.IP_TOS, tos)
# at this point, s.getsockopt(socket.SOL_IP, socket.IP_TOS,1) returns
'@' i.e. chr(64)
s.sendto(data, 0, dAddr) # 0 here is for 'flags' argument...

-- Naren.

Narendra C. Tulpule   Principal Firmware Engineer, Staff
6450 Sequence Dr      +1-858-404-2650
San Diego, CA 92121   narendra.c.tulpule at motorola.com