Command line prompt broken on XP with Python 2.5 - help!

Endless Story usable.thought at gmail.com
Fri Feb 16 11:51:54 EST 2007

On Feb 16, 11:34 am, Steve Holden <s... at holdenweb.com> wrote:
> It sounds like you may have mistakenly added Cygwin binary directories
> to your Windows path. This isn't normally necessary, since the Cygwin
> shell makes all necessary path adjustments as it starts.

I did add c:/cywgin to the path, don't remember why now.

For the moment I've moved c:\cygwin to the end of my path, so that it
comes after c:\Python25, and reinstalled Python 2.5. That seems to
have cured at least this particular problem with Python. When I have a
spare moment I will take cygwin out of the path altogether and see if
I can remember why I put it in there to begin with ...