Rational numbers

aleaxit at gmail.com aleaxit at gmail.com
Sun Feb 25 14:48:30 EST 2007

On Feb 24, 12:25 am, Toby A Inkster <usenet200... at tobyinkster.co.uk>
wrote:
> aleaxit wrote:
> > If anybody who has easy access to Microsoft's MSVC++.NET (and is willing
> > to try building GMP 4.2 with/for it), or a PPC Mac with XCode installed
> > (possibly with MacOSX 10.3...)
>
> I'm writing this message on a MacOS 10.3.9 box with Xcode 1.5 (gcc 3.3)
> installed. If you tell me how, I'd be happy to compile it for you.
>
> Contact me through the feedback form on the site below.

Thanks, but unfortunately getting GMP 4.2 built right on any platform
is never a trivial task -- GMP's maintainer is apparently actively
hostile to any attempts of making fixes to GMP to make it build
correctly on MAC OS X, in particular.  I have a correspondent who
thinks he's got a working patch (for PPC on MacOSX 10.4, at least);
he's very busy but I hope he'll send it to me eventually.

gmpy itself is or should be pretty trivial to build on any platform
(and I'll always happily accept any fixes that make it better on any
specific platform, since it's easy to make them conditional so they'll
apply to that platform only), but the underlying GMP is anything but:-
(.

Alex