Approaches of interprocess communication

Diez B. Roggisch deets at nospam.web.de
Fri Feb 16 08:16:23 EST 2007

> Maybe this line of mine was a bit too condensed ;) I fully agree with
> you on what you say about CORBA. It's just that for most people IDL
> looks a bit out of place. Especially because it resembles C. But once
> you actually wrote a few projects using CORBA, you actually begin to
> see it's elegance ;)

It looks out of the place in comparison to what exactly? A WSDL-document?
You certainly me laugh hard on that....

> I find Webservices "easier" as you can (although it's not
> recommendable) leave out the WSDL part. And some implementations
> actually generate the WSDL for you.

You can't leave WSDL out of SOAP, you can leave it out of XMLRPC. Which is
nice and easy, but lacks any contract whatsoever. Nothing I as a Pythoneer
care to much about, but some people bother.

And generating the WSDL works from what exactly? ah, Java-code for example,
using java2wsdl. Which has a striking resemblance to.... C. Funny....

> But it's true, comparing WSDL and
> IDL I'd rather write some IDL than WSDL ;)

So - you say that yourself, but still you previously claimed IDL looks
strange to the eye?

Diez