Segmentation faults using threads

Mathias mathiasDOTfranzius at webDELETEME.de
Tue Feb 13 13:39:51 EST 2007

John Nagle wrote:
> Daniel Nogradi wrote:
>>> I use the thread module (not threading) for a client/server app where I
>>> distribute large amounts of pickled data over ssh tunnels.
>
>     What module are you using for SSH?
>
>     What's in your program that isn't pure Python?
> The problem is probably in some non-Python component; you shouldn't
> be able to force a memory protection error from within Python code.
>
>     Also note that the "marshal" module may be unsafe.
>
>                     John Nagle

I'm using os.popen2() to pipe into an ssh session via stdin/stdout.
That's probably not the elegant way...
Other modules: scipy 0.3.2 (with Numeric 24.2) and python 2.4

Does pickle/cPickle count as part of the marshal module?

Mathias