SystemError: new style getargs format but argument is not a tuple

zefciu zefirek at Speacock.Pau.Apoznan.Mpl
Mon Feb 26 11:50:15 EST 2007

Thinker wrote:
> zefciu wrote:
>>> I am trying to embed a c function in my python script for a first
>>> time. When I try to call it I get an error
>>>
>>> SystemError: new style getargs format but argument is not a tuple
>>>
>>> Guido said on some mailing list, that it is probably an effect of
>>> the lack of METH_VARARGS in the functions' array, but it's ok in my
>>> source code. Here is the full code:

> Is coord always tuple?

Yes it is.  The script launches it with tuple and two numeric arguments.
 On the other hand when I try it in interactive mode with
mandelpixel((1,1), 1, 1) it segfaults, which I completely don't understand.

zefciu