text wrapping help

Sick Monkey sickcodemonkey at gmail.com
Wed Feb 28 20:10:11 EST 2007

I am not certain if I understand your problem, but I think you are just
trying to read in a string and create a visable matrix.  If that is true,
then may some of the code below will work.  This is in no way elegant.

count = 1
width = 2                  #the width of your matrix
string="aaaaaaaaaa"        #input string to piece up
final=""                   #output string
for character in string:
  if count == width :
     final = "%s%s\n" % (final,character)
     count = 1