XMLRPC Server

Brian Quinlan brian at sweetapp.com
Tue Feb 6 06:39:39 EST 2007

viscanti at gmail.com wrote:
> Hi, I'm trying to create an XMLRPC server using apache + python (cgi).
> It's not too difficult to configure everything, but I would like to
> tune it in order to receive up to 2000 calls per minute without any
> problems.

That doesn't seem like excessive volume. Why not just try it? You could
replace your database logic with time.sleep(1) for now.

> Do Pthon CGIs use threading?

To do what? CGI requires that a new interpreter instance be launched to
handle every request. The requests will be handled in parallel with the
number of requests handled simultaneously depending on your apache
configuration.

> I need to make it very efficient,

Actually, you might not have to. 2000 calls/minute isn't that big,
assuming you have a decent server.

Cheers,
Brian