"Correct" db adapter

Peter Decker pydecker at gmail.com
Thu Feb 1 07:07:47 EST 2007

On 1 Feb 2007 02:13:01 -0800, king kikapu <aboudouvas at panafonet.gr> wrote:

> But one of the reasons that i started learning Python, is to NOT to be
> tied-up again with ANY company or specific product again (i had enough
> MS addiction over these years...). So, based on this direction, i am
> using pyodbc, which is DB-API2 compliant and i suppose that the code i
> write this way, will have little changes to use another db in the
> future.

I don't know if this product will meet your needs, but I've read
recently on the Dabo list that they've added support for Microsoft SQL
Server. I don't work with databases, so I have no idea how this might
compare to what you're looking at, but I do know that in general their
code is solid and the authors are responsive. So you might want to
check out Dabo:
http://dabodev.com

--

# p.d.