Help with multiple key sort

Jussi Salmela tiedon_jano at hotmail.com
Tue Feb 6 13:48:53 EST 2007

ian.brady1 at gmail.com kirjoitti:
> gurus:
>
> I want to implement a sql-like sort-by on multiple keys.  I've seen
> many examples of just two keys.
>
> I have a list like this
>
> 1 one 2
> 1 one 1
> 1 two 1
> 1 one 0
> 1 xx   0
>
> result should be like this
>
> 1 four 2
> 1 one 0
> 1 one 1
> 1 one 2
> 1 xx   0
>
> It moves right while keeping sorted order to the left.  This is the
> new stable sort in 2.5.
>
> I'm not sure what I'm doing wrong.  please help.
>
> Thanks

I'm not a guru. Maybe that's why I don't understand which "sql-like
sort-by on multiple keys" would produce output that lacks some of the
input but has additional items. ;)

In other words: why don't you show your concrete program and the input
and output data to use. Is the data a list of tuples or lists or what?

Cheers,
Jussi