Can't import Stackless in Pythonwin

archaegeo at gmail.com archaegeo at gmail.com
Sat Feb 10 09:47:11 EST 2007

On Feb 9, 2:06 pm, "Gabriel Genellina" <gagsl... at yahoo.com.ar> wrote:
> En Fri, 09 Feb 2007 13:50:56 -0300, <archae... at gmail.com> escribió:
>
> > I am getting started in Python, and I have looked on both the
> > stackless page and python.org and cannot find the answer to what I
> > think is a simple problem.
>
> > If I start the python command line or idle, i can
>
> > If I start pythonwin I get the following error
> > ...No Module named Stackless
>
> > Any help?
>
> Maybe they are different versions, or installed on different places.
>
> In those three environments, execute:
>
> import sys
> print sys.version
> print sys.executable
>
> All should report the same version.
> The executables for both python and IDLE should reside on the same
> directory; for pythonwin, you should get the *same* directory plus
> "Lib\site-packages\pythonwin\Pythonwin.exe"
>
> --
> Gabriel Genellina

Ok, for Idle I get:
IDLE 1.2
>>> import sys
>>> print sys.version
2.5 Stackless 3.1b3 060516 (python-2.5:53557:53567, Jan 25 2007,
22:01:46) [MSC v.1310 32 bit (Intel)]
>>> print sys.executable
C:\Python25\pythonw.exe

And for the command line i get the same thing except the executable is
python.exe

But for pythonwin i get
>>> import sys
>>> print sys.version
2.5 (r25:51908, Sep 19 2006, 09:52:17) [MSC v.1310 32 bit (Intel)]
>>> print sys.executable
C:\Python25\Lib\site-packages\pythonwin\Pythonwin.exe

So does this mean stackless is not usable with pythonwin?

Also, is pythonwin needed for the win32 extensions and mfc?

Thanks