How to suppress "DeprecationWarning: Old style callback, use cb_func(ok, store) instead"

Peter Otten __peter__ at web.de
Sat Feb 3 05:35:22 EST 2007

Gabriel Genellina wrote:

> En Sat, 03 Feb 2007 06:12:33 -0300, Peter Otten <__peter__ at web.de>
> escribió:
>
>> John Nagle wrote:
>>
>>>    How do I suppress "DeprecationWarning: Old style callback, use
>>>    cb_func(ok,
>>> store) instead".  A library is triggering this message, the library is
>>> being fixed, but I need to make the message disappear from the output
>>> of a
>>> CGI program.
>>
>> import warnings
>> warnings.filterwarnings("ignore", message="Old style callback, use
>> cb_func(ok, store) instead")
>
> Or you can be more aggressive and filter out all DeprecationWarnings:
> warnings.simplefilter("ignore",DeprecationWarning)
> (same as using option -Wignore::DeprecationWarning on the python command
> line)

The latter might be interesting for a cgi. I didn't mention it because I
didn't get it to work with my test case (importing sre) and Python's cgi
server. Trying again, I found that you must not quote the -W argument.

#!/usr/local/bin/python2.5 -Wignore:The sre module is deprecated, please
import re.

>From that follows that you can pass at most one commandline arg.
If you are using

#!/usr/bin/env python2.5

python2.5 will be that single argument and no options are possible at all.
What might be the reasons for such a seemingly arbitrary limitation?

Peter