builtin set literal

zefciu zefirek at Speacock.Pau.Apoznan.Mpl
Tue Feb 20 03:34:52 EST 2007

Paul Rubin wrote:
> There's even a sentiment in some pythonistas to get rid of the [] and {}
> notations for lists and dicts, using list((1,2,3)) and dict((1,2),(3,4))
> for [1,2,3] and {1:2, 3:4} respectively.

Wow.  This makes Python twice more LISPy, than <1, 2, 3> and {-} make it
C-ish and Perlish.

Frop Python-zen:
Simple is better than complex.
Flat is better than nested.

Sets are good.  Sets are fun.  Sets are pythonish (the programmer codes
the logical side of a data structure, bothering less 'bout the
technical).  I think, they deserve their literal notation.

zefciu