ANN: py lib 0.9.0: py.test, distributed execution, microthreads ...

Robin Becker robin at reportlab.com
Thu Feb 15 05:50:52 EST 2007

holger krekel wrote:
> * py.execnet: ad-hoc code distribution to SSH, Socket and local sub processes

Good stuff, but my rather ancient win32 client could not work properly with
SshGateway; I think plink might work.

I hacked register.py so that the eventual command came out something like

plink -ssh "MYSESSION" "python -u -c 'exec input()'"

and then I can get a gateway open at least. The following script then works on
my win32 box

from py.execnet import SshGateway

gw = SshGateway('MYSESSION',remotepython='python25')
channel = gw.remote_exec('channel.send("Hello From the remote world!")')
print channel.receive()

and I see

C:\tmp>\tmp\tgw.py
Hello From the remote world!