can't find a way to display and print pdf through python.

Grant Edwards grante at visi.com
Mon Feb 12 12:04:28 EST 2007

On 2007-02-12, Larry Bates <larry.bates at websafe.com> wrote:

>> I at least need the code for useing some library for
>> connecting to acrobat reader and giving the print command on
>> windows and some thing similar on ubuntu linux.

> Just let the registered .PDF viewer do it for you.
>
> os.start('myfile.pdf')

Eh?  I don't see os.start() it either 2.5 or 2.44
documentation, and it's sure not there in 2.4.3:

   $ python
   Python 2.4.3 (#1, Dec 10 2006, 22:09:09)
   [GCC 3.4.6 (Gentoo 3.4.6-r1, ssp-3.4.5-1.0, pie-8.7.9)] on linux2
   Type "help", "copyright", "credits" or "license" for more
   information.
   >>> import os
   >>> print os.start
   Traceback (most recent call last):
     File "<stdin>", line 1, in ?
   AttributeError: 'module' object has no attribute 'start'

I did find os.startfile() in the docs, but it's shown as
windows-only (it's not present under Linux).

> Launches whatever is registered as .PDF viewer and user
> can then print, save, zoom, etc. on their own.

Really?

--
Grant Edwards                   grante             Yow!  Civilization is
                                  at               fun! Anyway, it keeps