How do I save the contents of a text buffer

google at orcon.net.nz google at orcon.net.nz
Sun Feb 18 07:42:06 EST 2007

Solved!

 # Output file
 outfile = open("newbannedsitelist", "w")
 outfile.write(textbuffer.get_text(textbuffer.get_start_iter(),
textbuffer.get_end_iter(), include_hidden_chars=True))
 outfile.close()

I'm new to Python and GTK and may not be asking the right type of
questions initially. I programmed with C many many years ago and my
programming instincts are very rusty so still feeling my way again
with this stuff. Apologies for the sarcastic reply earlier but i felt
your initial reply to be sarcastic. I also did research this problem
but seemed to be getting nowhere - thats why I asked for the groups
help.

Anyway, thanks to all that replied via emailed and in this group.