Jobs: Lisp and Python programmers wanted in the LA area

Tech HR tech-hr at smartcharter.com
Sun Feb 25 23:32:20 EST 2007

http://www.smartcharter.com/jobs.html

Smart Charter Inc. is a dynamic new startup company aiming to
revolutionize the purchase and sale of private aviation services. If you
are ready for a challenging ground-floor opportunity with significant
upside potential you've come to the right place. We are not your typical
dotcom. We have a razor-sharp focus on an existing multi-billion-dollar
market. We are well funded, and have the connections and the technical
expertise we need to revolutionize an industry.

We are looking for people who are highly motivated and passionate about
their work, and able to produce high quality code within a fast paced
development environment.

We are hiring for the following positions:

   €  Senior software engineer -- Ideal candidate would have significant
development experience, possibly an advanced degree in computer science
or related field, experience developing planning & scheduling or
operations software using linear programming and heuristic search
methods. Proficiency in multiple languages including (but not limited
to) C++, Python and Common Lisp would also be desirable.

   €  Windows software engineer -- This person will be responsible for
integrating elements of our products into multiple existing Windows
applications. An ideal candidate would have experience in development
for the PC platform, in multiple tool suites, including Visual
Studio.net Useful skills include the ability to work within existing
interfaces, protocols, and code structures and to work with extensively
with database applications.

   €  Web developer, senior web developer, system administrator -- Our
website is currently a LAMP appication with P=Python. We are looking for
bright motivated people who know or are willing to learn Python and/or
Linux, Apache and MySQL system administration skills. (And if you want
to convince us that we should switch over to Postgres, we're willing to
listen.)

We are more interested in smarts, passion, and a willingness to learn
new things than specific credentials. If you are interested in joining
us drop us a line at: tech-hr at smartcharter.com