Help Required for Choosing Programming Language

Steve Holden steve at holdenweb.com
Mon Feb 19 10:39:41 EST 2007

Muntasir Azam Khan wrote:
> On Feb 17, 3:22 am, ifti_cr... at yahoo.com wrote:
>> I am VB6 programmer and wants to start new programming language but i
>> am unable to deciced.
>>
>> i have read about Python, Ruby and Visual C++. but i want to go
>> through with GUI based programming language like VB.net
>>
>> so will you please guide me which GUI based language has worth with
>> complete OOPS Characteristics
>>
>> will wait for the answer
>>
>> hope to have a right direction from you Programmer
>>
>> Regards
>> Iftikhar
>> itzon... at yahoo.com
>
> There is no other GUI based programming language like VB. That's
> because there is no such thing as a GUI based programming language. If
> you want to learn a real general purpose programming language try
> learning python. If you are only interested in making GUI's for
> windows applications, better stick with VB or any of the other .NET
> languages.

It's also worth remembering that you can use COM to drive a VB interface
from Python, and of course there's now IronPython that allows you to use
.NET-based interfaces directly.

regards
  Steve
--
Steve Holden       +44 150 684 7255  +1 800 494 3119
Skype: holdenweb     http://del.icio.us/steve.holden