Looking for a MoinMoin guru - MoinMoin+SpamBayes == no wiki spam?

skip at pobox.com skip at pobox.com
Thu Feb 8 19:31:18 EST 2007

I have this idea that I should be able to write a security policy for
MoinMoin which uses SpamBayes to judge the appropriateness of any given
submission.  It would be more accurate and faster than the current default
security policy in MoinMoin.  I started to work on it and have something
that seems to be working on the SpamBayes side of things, but I can't get
the MoinMoin side of the equation to balance.

My messages to the moin-user mailing list have so far fallen on blind eyes,
so I'm broadening my search for a MoinMoin expert who would like to help me
finish off this demonstration.  If you're interested in pursuing this idea
here are a couple URLs:

* The current code:

  http://spambayes.cvs.sourceforge.net/spambayes/spambayes/spambayes/MoinSecurityPolicy.py?view=log

* My messages to moin-user:

  http://article.gmane.org/gmane.comp.web.wiki.moin.general/4381/match=spambayes
  http://article.gmane.org/gmane.comp.web.wiki.moin.general/4488/match=spambayes

The motivation for the concept is in the docstring of the module as well as
in the messages, so I won't belabor the point here.  As one of the current
"editors" of the Python wiki I can tell you the current scheme of using
lists of "naughty words" to identify potential wiki spam is far from
perfect.  There's also the motivation found here:

    http://www.publicradio.org/columns/futuretense/

Scroll down and listen to the February 1st episode.

Thanks,

Skip